© Ninja Ski Packages Japan 2009 , 3020-906,  Echoland , Hakuba, Nagano, Japan. Phone:+81(0)907-194-5977
Ninja Ski Packages
Japan ski rentals Japan ski and snowboard lessons Japan ski and snowboard lessons Japan lift resorts NIseko accommodation NIseko accommodation Japan sightseeing tours Japan sightseeing tours

Working in Japan

Working holiday visas

If   you   are   not   just   coming   to   Japan   for   a   ski   holiday,   but   also want   to   do   some   work,   working-holiday   visas   for   6   months   to Japan    may    be    granted    to    citzens    of    the    following    countries provided   that   they   are   between   the   ages   of   18   and   25   (   up   to   30 yo   in   some   cases).   This   visa   can   be   extended   twice   once   you   are in    the    country,    for    a    total    period    of    18    months.    There    are numerical   limits   on   the   number   of   visas   that   may   be   granted   for particular    countries    in    any    given    year.    For    more    information please   see   the    Japan's   Ministry   of   Foreign Affairs   working   holiday page. Australia New Zealand UK (limits apply) Canada (limits apply) France (limits apply) Germany Korea (limits apply) Hong Kong (limits apply) Taiwan (limits apply) Norway

English Teaching Jobs in Japan

Native    English    speakers    often    find    work    teaching    English    in private   conversation   schools,   and   indeed   in   the   past   this   was   an easy   to   get   and   lucrative   occupation.   This   however   is   no   longer the   case. Although   the   Japanese   yen   has   declined   in   value,   wages have   not   increased   for   English   teachers,   meaning   less   in   the pocket   to   take   back   home   with   you.   A   typical   salary   would   be ¥25,000   a   month,   which   may   or   may   not   include   accommodation. In addition, competition with other job applicants is fierce. Although   no   official   qualifications   are   required,   doing   a   TESOL course   (typically   a   1   month   full   time   course)   before   you   go   would both   increase   your   chances   of   getting   a   job,   and   also   help   you know   what   you   are   actually   doing.   Once   you   have   found   a   job, and    extended    your    visa    twice,    you    can    stay    longer    if    your employer   will   sponsor   you   for   a   work   visa.   In   order   to   be   eligible for   a   work   visa   you   will   need   to   have   a   university   degree   (in   any field).

Other jobs in Japan

If    you    are    suitably    qualified    you    can    find    work    in    various professional   fields   such   as   IT,   translation,   IT,   modeling,   cooking and   entertainment.   If   you   are   well   presented   then   you   may   be able   to   find   a   job   waitressing   or   bartending   (females   tend   to have   more   luck).   Japanese   ability   may   or   may   not   be   required depending   on   the   nature   of   the   position.   A   good   place   to   start   is the “Jobs in Japan”  website.

Work for us

We have jobs going every year - please see our “Work for us” page.
Japan airport transfers Japan airport transfers